The Thirteenth Judicial District Court provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Program as an option to traditional litigation in civil lawsuits.
Both mediation and settlement facilitation are part of the ADR cooperative problem solving processes where a neutral third party meets with the parties involved in the cases to identify areas of agreement and disagreement and to assist them in reaching a resolution that meets their needs and interests. Parties may choose mediation or settlement facilitation.
The purpose of the Thirteenth Judicial District Court ADR program is to serve the larger community by providing quality mediation and settlement facilitation services to ensure an efficient, cost-effective, and satisfying process to resolve a variety of legal disputes throughout Cibola, Valencia and Sandoval Counties.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide parties with a satisfying alternative to litigation.
- Provide consistent, high quality mediation (ADR) services.
- Reduce court and litigant costs.
- Reduce the time to disposition.
- Reduce the demand on judges for settlement assistance.